Earth Day Volunteer Award
from City of Los Angeles'
Environmental Affairs Division
|Citations, Awards & Articles
Birding Southern California...and Beyond!
- People from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and elsewhere, as well as from everywhere in the
- Local folks who are inspired for a few lessons or a refresher on birding in their own area
- Anyone who wants to learn the regular birds, rarities and specialties that come into or pass
through Southern California
- Birders, wildlife photographers, students, and nature enthusiasts of all levels of knowledge and
Updated March 8, 2013
- Promote exciting and principled birding targeted to the client’s desires
- Celebrate nature in the spirit of the benign hunt
- Promote conservation of and respect for life and balanced ecosystems
- My reputation
- My qualifications
- The personable, attentive and warm service they receive.
- The advantage that my knowledge extends beyond ornithology and includes botany,
ethnobotany, entomology, geology and more.
- The fact that I put my ego aside in order to give the customer the chance to bird or experience
nature at whatever level and pace they desire.
- I sincerely believe that no other local guide can combine all of these qualities as effectively.
|People will choose me over other qualified guides because of:
- Science teacher and Environmental Community Service Coordinator at Chadwick School,
Palos Verdes Peninsula, California
- Immediate Past President, Palos Verdes/South Bay Audubon Society
- Vice-President, LA City Park Advisory Board for Ken Malloy Harbor Regional Park
|Private birding and natural history guiding and interpretation for individuals, families or |
|groups, in the Southern California Bio-region|
|Professional consultation for individuals and agencies regarding home, yard and habitat |
|design and enhancement in order to benefit birds and wildlife|
|Professional Surveys, and specialized tours for groups, with examples including:|
|Specialized tours for individuals and groups |
|Talks and PowerPoint Presentations, including: |
My Services include:
- Helping Scouts earn merit badges
- Serving as a local expert for other nature tour services
- Conducting breeding bird surveys for local municipalities
- Helping an agency or private effort ensure their willow-riparian restoration project
Author of the Palos Verdes
Peninsula chapter in the
American Birding Association’s
Guide to Birding in Southern